603. He who loses his eyes experiences inconvenience because he cannot see the light of this world.
604. There are those in the world who are more to be pitied than him. What kind of people are these? They are the people who have lost the eyes of their heart. Having lost the eyes of their heart, these cannot see the Divine light. They fall into the abysmal realm, because they cannot turn themselves towards the Divine realm.
605. To save them, God has sent down the Spirit of Mizu so that they may know the light.
606. Every human has only one body. With only one body no one can serve the two paths of good and evil. Forsake then the unsure path of a malicious god, if you have recognised the Divine light.
607. Many humans in the world know only false desire, and do not know their true desire. They value only those treasures that become moth-eaten and decompose, and do not know the true desire to store the true treasures, eternally incorruptible.
608. He who knows how to serve gold and silver but knows not how to serve God is a devil, a worthless guardian of gold and silver.
609. It is well to earn and save money, if you use it for the good of society. But to serve money only is evil; that way you will not be able to gain the true prosperity of God.
610. All human beings are children of God. Why should God not help when a child of God follows the human path?
611. A human without faith is as unsafe in this world as one who is forever treading on thin ice. He cannot obtain true tranquillity and prosperity.
612. Follow the Divine teachings in all your activities. Do not worry unduly about clothing, food or shelter.
613. Fulfil today’s duties today, do not put them off until tomorrow; for God does not rest for a moment.
614. Do not worry about tomorrow’s affairs today. Human worry cannot bring about rain or fine weather tomorrow.
615. Pray to God in your everyday affairs, and ask that your everyday errors be pardoned by Him.
616. Pray to God that you may conform to His just heart, and diligently fulfil your own tasks.
617. When you are sick, repent of your sins and pray from your heart that God in his mercy may make your suffering milder through His great favour.
618. It is well to pray for society and the world. But prayer relating to one’s own desire for profit is the cause of sin.
619. If your heart is dark, you will not be able to notice the beam in your heart, while you see the mote in the heart of another. Those who tend to reproach the faults of others, neglecting their own, take care.
620. Purify your mouth, clean your eyes, sharpen your ears, exercise your limbs, and after cleansing your whole body convince others of their shortcomings or politely explain their errors.
621. Do not become one who uses only his tongue. He who excels only in speech is like a mere trumpet.
622. Do not be proud and arrogant when you follow the Divine way.
623. The perverted are abominated before God and also before human beings.
624. The missionary of the Divine way must hold a dignity loved even by a three-year-old infant.
625. He whom an infant hates is hated by God.
626. For the heart of an infant is the heart of God.
627. If you wish to teach the true path of God, you will need great patience: you will be beaten with stones and sticks, mocked, insulted and ridiculed.
628. Every time this happens, your soul will become firmer and will receive Divine virtue.
629. If you meet various difficulties on the Divine path, you are being tested by God; this is the basis for receiving Divine virtue.
630. When you have base desires, this immediately manifests itself in your words. Every effort to hide it is quite useless. Thoroughly cleanse your heart, therefore.
631. He who intends to serve God after first fulfilling his own affairs cannot realise his desire.
632. Before all else, fulfil the Divine work. If you act thus, God will surely guard you and will enable you to realise your desire easily.
633. Those who intend to spread the Divine path after their own desires have been satisfied, or to serve God after their older family members have passed away, or to dedicate their whole lives to the Divine way if God would only be so kind as to realise their desires, these do not conform to the heart of God. Those who work for God, even if their private desires are not realised or even if they find themselves in difficult circumstances, are the true beloved of God, deserving of Divine favour.
634. Before all else, fulfill God’s desire, and attend to your private affairs later. This is the first duty of humans, born as children of God.
635. He who drinks and eats his fill, harms his body and suffers illness, is immoral and defies the Divine heart.
636. I have already written that women are more suitable as missionaries of the Divine way. This is because women possess the virtue of humility, because women are modest in all things, gentle and calm, and are by nature obedient to the Divine teachings.
637. See, then, how although the Spirit of Mizu or the God Susanoo appears majestically valiant, his spirit is female.
638. God teaches that even though one’s body be male, the heart must be female, like the Spirit of Mizu.
639. Arrogance in men is ugly indeed. But arrogance in a woman is even more unsightly. Female missionaries, take care therefore.
640. Children on the Divine way, at times may you be like tigers, and at other times like sheep.
641. When you wish to serve the true Divine way and devils come to hinder you, walk boldly like a tiger, with Divine power and activity.
642. Be always mild and unimposing like a sheep.
643. The Harai prayers are important words which one must pronounce daily in order to purify one’s body and cleanse one’s heart.
- Note: “Harai” is a Shinto purification prayer.
644. The recitation of these words of prayer can bring about all things, but if you use other words of prayer there will be no hindrance.
645. Somewhere in Africa there is a large cavern, in which there live many crabs. These crabs are all without eyes. They need no light, because they are always in a dark cavern. Those who do not know God are like these crabs.
646. Consequently, these people do not know the light of the Spirit of Mizu, and they feel the light only as something hateful. Therefore they all revile him and strive to destroy his virtue.