647. The authority of God, creator of everything in the universe, is without
compare.648. As human beings, may you all recognise that you are created by God, and may you never forget His vast and profound favour.
649. When you have finished the day’s work, immediately bow before God in worship and humbly thank Him for His vast and profound virtue.
650. God’s vast and limitless power cannot be measured. But because humans each are given a soul, filled with the wonderful virtue and penetrating wisdom of God, they can clearly understand the nature of the Divine power, if they examine it calmly, returning to the Divine heart.
651. God created three elements, namely solidity, softness and fluidity, and by means of the function of the eight powers He created our bodies; to this He added the four spiritual natures. May you all therefore revere this profound wisdom and perfect virtue of God, and direct your gratitude to Him and to all gods morning and evening.
- Note: see Part One, chapter 2, especially paragraphs 90, 91, 92 and 94.
652. Human beings are adrift in the muddy waters of sin and are losing their true spiritual life.
653. Pitying them, God has sent down the Spirits Izu and Mizu to this earth in order to launch a ship of salvation appear.
654. The ship of salvation has appeared: come and board it. The water of life has sprung forth: gather and drink.
655. God has sent down the Spirit of Mizu from the high plain of heaven in order to wash and cleanse human souls, stained with sins. May all thank God for His sublime and vast favour, and endeavour not to defy His heart.
656. In ancient times the Spirit of Mizu became the redeemer of the sins of heaven and earth, and now he has come again to this world to the redeem sinners. Never are his profound and vast favour to be forgotten.
657. There is a way of salvation and cleansing of sins. He saves and purifies according to this way.
658. The way is this teaching of the Spirit of Mizu. By this teaching all are saved.
659. May he who desires to be saved to the realm of heavenly beings, freed from sins, never forget these “Signposts”.
660. The words presented in these “Signposts” are all the words and teachings of the Divine realm.
661. As children of God, observe the Divine words and follow the Divine teachings.
662. Save people according to the Divine words, lead those who have gone astray to the world of light according to the Divine teachings.
663. Walk ceaselessly and with courage, offering yourselves for God and for the way. Proclaim these “Signposts” widely throughout the world, following truth with an upright soul.
664. God sits in a very high place, but He descends into the heart of the humble and mild and makes them shine.
665. The Spirit of the Foundress descended from a very high divine level in order to save every corner of the world.
666. May all understand that profound heart, therefore, and come to rejoice and celebrate. May all praise that virtue.
667. May he who wishes to receive Divine virtue be like a little child.
668. Yearn for God, as a baby yearns for milk.
669. God is like a mother and the teaching is like her milk.
670. Without a mother and without her milk, it is difficult for an infant to grow.
671. Become like a baby, therefore, and yearn from your heart for God, in order not to be parted from the mother and milk.
672. Even if you are attacked by earthquake, thunder, fire and storm, there will be no need to fear, if you remain in God’s bosom.
673. The favour of the Spirit of Mizu does not change even for a moment; he endeavours in all ways to carry forward the path of purification and redemption. May all come before me and discard their sins, so that they may become light.
674. He who is light ascends to heaven; he who is heavy falls into the abysmal realm.
675. For the sake of evil people, deep in sin and opposed to the way, God has sent down the chief saviour to proclaim the way of salvation.
676. Do not be fooled by base and suspicious mediums.
677. Forsaking strange and bizarre teachings, believe the way of the living God, respect the true God and train yourself in order to receive Divine virtue.
678. Do not despise the young; do not reproach the errors of the aged.
679. As for the young, these one should respect and love as one’s younger brothers and sisters.
680. As for the old, these one should respect and love with all one’s heart as one’s parents.
681. Missionaries, may you all be a model for the believers, through pure words and deeds, through true activity, harmony, wisdom and love.
682. Having wide knowledge or erudition is not true wisdom. True wisdom is that which one does not acquire from learning, but that which God gives, that is, the light of naohi (pure spirit).
683. Although in the world there are people whose knowledge extends far and wide, theirs is not true wisdom. Unless accompanied by activity, harmony and love, such cannot be called true wisdom.
684. Much of human wisdom arises from evil. Of Divine wisdom there is none which does not come from good.
685. Envying the success and prosperity of others is a detestable tendency in human beings. While they do not correct this tendency, they will remain without any success or prosperity, whatever they do.
686. God hates jealousy or envy towards others.
687. And yet there are few who will revile a totally blameless person, making up a fiction out of nothing. If one is reviled and mocked it is because one has at least a little guilt. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
688. He who is without wisdom does not know the true faith and does not understand the importance of morals.
689. He who is wise but not virtuous is like a barb or a thorn. He is abhorred by God and hated by people; in the end he will wound himself.
690. The person with wisdom, faith and virtue is mild like warm water or soft silk. He is prized and loved by God; while he is not aware of it, he becomes noble.
691. He who is prized by people is prized by God. Adored by old people and by innocent children, he is one who already receives Divine virtue.
692. It would be a wonder if, praying to the true God, one were to see no favour. If it is the true God, some effect will surely show itself.
693. If no effect is evident, examine your heart and conduct, and then you will be able to find the reason why God shows you no sign.
694. There are those who complain that they remain with no favour, however much they ask God or tread the Divine way. Such are people who do not understand themselves.
695. God’s favour is higher yet than the Himalayas, deeper yet than the sea of Ise (sea next to the prefectures of Aichi and Mie in Japan). It is hard to fathom with the shallow wisdom of human beings. Trust only in God.
696. However much one draws, never exhausted is God’s love.
697. Pitying those whose souls hunger and thirst, God revives them with His profound love.
698. The eternally living God gives you all eternal life. Draw from the water of life, therefore, with the vessel of your pure heart.
699. The Divine words and the Divine favour are solid and unmoving as a rock. They are not broken by the wind, neither do they drift with the waves; eternally unchanging they are.
700. Even if one were to count all the grains of sand on the shore, one would never be able to count the limitless powers and favours of God.
701. By acting according to God’s words, a weak heart becomes strong, and a weak body becomes healthy.
702. A man who has a strong heart and body never loses courage in any situation, and can patiently endure all things with a tranquil and cheerful soul.
703. The heart of who is strong in evil is weak. The heart of one who is strong in good is strong. The heart whose strength is based on good is the truly strong heart.
704. Following the Divine light, walk forward for the truth with all your strength.
705. Know how God cares about the future of the human race with such patience and compassion, and do not defy God’s heart.
706. God’s love is greater than that of one’s human mother, deeper than the bottom of the earth.
707. God’s love is higher by far than the highest human thought and is vaster than the vast universe.
708. The treasures of the Divine realm are more valuable by far than diamonds, gold and silver.
709. The power which God gives is greater by far than the authority of kings.
710. Even if the world were to break up and human beings perish, God’s favour would remain unmoving and unchanging. May every one therefore keep an unmoving and unchanging heart for the life of the soul, and respect and love God.
711. Even if black clouds hide the sun and the moon in the sky, the light of Oomoto will shine through without moving and without changing; this is the manifestation of God’s heart, which is goodness.
712. Even when humans suffer serious illness, God consoles them, putting hope and joy in their heart. God’s love is limitless; humans cannot live in this world away from God.
713. Those who are without sufficient knowledge of the Divine way frequently imagine God to be some kind of fortune-teller, and come to me with requests that I ask God about this or that. Be cautious.
714. God, who knows all things, replies to any question if consulted.
715. But to take this for granted is impertinent towards God. Ask therefore in moderation.
716. I am willing to convey questions. But unless you ask in moderation, God’s true instruction will be hard to obtain.
717. Sometimes a revelation is accurate and sometimes it is not. The true God does not take orders from man.
718. Those who do not understand the true heart of God come only to ask for oracles. I do not simply refuse this, however; I convey these requests to God as far as I can.
719. It is a cause for regret that without taking such trouble the way of God cannot be spread in the present world.