720. To save the sinners of the world, God sent down the Spirits Izu and Mizu to the Ryûgû house in Ayabe. Thus began the creation of the world of Miroku.
- Note: ‘the world of Miroku’ is an ideal world or the Divine realm on earth.
721. God, who causes the dark world to shine with Divine authority and leads the people towards the light, sent down the two Spirits to Oomoto, which is the Divine realm on earth.
722. When the world of Miroku is brought about, the true flower will unfold: the exalted and the lowly will prosper together, the people will be peaceable, and Divine dignity and virtue will flourish.
723. The God Ushitora (the God who possessed the Foundress DEGUCHI Nao) and the God Hitsujisaru (the God who possessed Master DEGUCHI Onisaburo; the wife-God of the God Ushitora) appeared in the village Hongû together with DEGUCHI Nao and DEGUCHI Onisaburo, and are waiting for the arrival of the world of Miroku. Because the time has nearly arrived, God has sent down these two Spirits and is driving forward the holy work to link the people with God: soon the Divine realm on earth will come about, a matter for celebration.
724. The beautiful names of the Gods will shine throughout the world. Worship these peaceful Gods as our parents of the world of Miroku.
725. When the time comes, there will appear a Tamatebako (a wonderful box, like Pandora’s box). According to the way of one’s heart, treasures or demons will appear.
726. Wonderful signs appearing in heaven and on earth caused me to recognise the coming of the world of Miroku. I began to spread God’s teachings, going forth from the place Anao in Sogabe (see note to para 564) led by the Spirit of Mizu.
727. The light of the true God radiates regardless of day or night.
728. God, shining like the morning sun, has appeared on this earth. Come quickly, people, and adore the light of God. It is the treasure of this world. Gather, people, and learn the true path.
729. Sending down the Spirits of Izu and Mizu, God causes them to live within human beings to bring honour to Japan and to save the world. This is in accordance with the heart of Heaven.
- Note: ‘human beings’ refers to DEGUCHI Nao and DEGUCHII Onisaburo.
730. God put the Foundress to many trials, not allowing her to speak for 75 days or to eat for 13 days; and finally He entrusted all things in the world to her.
731. The teaching of Oomoto is the sword of Divine love. Raising it above you, drive away invading enemies and firmly defend the gate of the realm of heavenly beings.
732. The God Ushitora is the unique treasure of this world. He conveys apologies to God for the sins of the human race; with his Divine love he favours all beings in the world.
733. How holy is this God! Even if monsters and giant serpents assail us with fangs bared, we can stay secure and calm, if we cling to the sleeve of this God.
734. Human beings in distress, come to Oomoto. I will give you tranquillity, driving away all devils.
735. There is nothing to fear in the world, if you repent and mend your heart, and have a pure heart like a baby’s.
736. People who do not have eyes and ears in their hearts cannot find the way to salvation. Though they may be one’s own parents or siblings, one can do nothing other than watch them; to the one who watches, it is as painful as swallowing swords.
737. Even though your money and your clothes may be stolen, do not let the treasure of your heart be taken from you. People say that no one can steal the treasure of the heart, but this is an error. The treasure of the heart is naohi, which every human being possesses in his soul. This can indeed be stolen by devils. A devil steals the naohi from a human soul and hides himself behind it; and making evil seem good, the devil invites humans onto the terrible demonic path.
738. It sometimes happens that a firm and honest human is lured by a devil. This happens because he does not repent and does not reform himself; although much to be pitied, he himself considers himself to be pure, so that he does not listen to the admonitions of other people.
739. Act before you speak. When you are not yet capable even of carrying out human affairs, it is not good to boast that you will fulfill great works with God’s help, or that you will surprise people by your splendid deeds.
740. Spirit manifestations have occurred since long ago. Let believers be cautious, for there are those spirits who cause trouble to unknowing humans, saying things which seem true but in reality are great falsehoods.
741. Those who are deceived cannot be truly convinced unless they find themselves in great difficulty. The more one admonishes them, the more they protest and the more they become confused. Therefore, for them there is no other way but quietly to watch, leaving all to the flow of time.
742. Pitiable indeed are those who walk valiantly, blinded by a false promise of profit as if a withered tree were to bloom.
743. There is nothing that cannot be brought about if one walks with a straight soul. But bricks and tiles can never change into gold.
744. Nowhere is there an all-forgiving god besides the God Ushitora or the Spirit of Izu. Even those who daily accumulate serious sins against God are redeemed by the God Ushitora or Spirit of Izu through his countless years of suffering. By this may you know how deep is his love.
745. Pray to the Spirit of Izu that he heal the sickness of your heart as the Spirit of Mizu heals that of the body. Do not forget that your apology to God can be accepted only through the name of the God Ushitora or Spirit of Izu; only then will you be saved.
746. Because the Spirit of Izu has appeared on the earth, demons and evil serpents in this world will perish, human beings whose souls are dead will be revived, and they will be purified; a world will come into being in which gods and humans will live peacefully and joyously. All therefore awake quickly and listen to the holy voice of the Gods of Oomoto.
747. People of the world, afflicted by your sins, put down the heavy load from your shoulders, draw near to God, entrust yourselves to the ship of salvation and embark on the journey to the beautiful Divine realm.
748. People of the world, come quickly. The ship of salvation is moored on the shore of the Ryûgû house. Let all come quickly, having polished their God-given souls, and embark before the ship sets sail.
749. Apart from the God Ushitora, no other god can pardon the invisible sins of the world. The accumulation of sins will cause the world to perish.
750. The pure water (the Spirit of Izu), given by Heaven, sprang from the well Manai of the Ryûgû house to purify the muddy water of the world. Treasure will appear to those who come sincerely to draw this water: their hearts will gain tranquillity and pleasure.
751. Human beings who journey in this world with the water of the well of the Ryûgû house will not know thirst, long though the road to the Divine realm may be.
752. The sins of those who have an innocent heart, like that of a baby longing for its mother, will be redeemed by the Spirit of Izu.
753. Under the law of Heaven the sins of the weak will not be pardoned through the weak power of human beings, however much they may beg with flowing tears and however much they may writhe and torment themselves.
754. Those who have sinned in the eyes of God will lose the power to breathe, to see, to hear and to speak. Prepare for the time when you will meet with God in the world after death, praying to God that your soul may be saved for ever.
755. To those with a pure heart like a baby’s, with no burden on their shoulders and nothing in their hands save only the treasure of the heart which is truth, God lovingly extends his warm hands to take them into his saving bosom.
756. The Spirit of Izu or DEGUCHI Nao is a direct part-spirit of God, yet she came down alone to the earth for the world’s sake.
757. The Divine realm of heaven is an extremely high place, yet it can be reached thanks to the virtue of the God Ushitora or the Spirit of Izu: a blessing indeed. Respectfully turn to God therefore, all future heavenly beings.
758. The God Ushitora, shut away in a corner of this world for countless years, has undergone many difficulties and sufferings. Thanks to his merit, the way of salvation is opened to sinful human beings, and thus the earth will change into a Divine realm. Be grateful and respectful, all humanity!
759. The loving God, who forgives the sins of earthly humans who have broken the Divine law, and who leads to them tranquillity, is the God Ushitora.
- Note: “Ushitora” or “Kimon” means the north-eastern direction in the world, but since ancient times this direction has been feared and loathed as the source of misfortunes. This is where the name of this God originates.
760. This world is such that the human beings in it will surely die; God saves mortal human beings in this world, not leaving them to die. Sure indeed are those who proceed only along the true path to the Divine realm.
761. Deeply imbibe the truth, life and righteousness which appear from the light of the Spirit of Izu, and open the door to the realm of heavenly beings.
762. The Spirit of Izu is the true light of God, which illuminates the hearts of human beings and the whole world. The Spirit constantly illuminates the path and protects the world, so those who walk the Divine way know no darkness.
763. It might happen that black clouds will appear and will try to conceal the virtue of the Spirit of Izu. If hidden in this cloud, the light of this world will be extinguished and all people in the world will perish. Guard then the Spirit of Izu with all your strength.
764. Even if you lose your body, do not let devils steal your soul, which is your essence. Without a sound soul no one can maintain his life.
765. Even if you lose your body for the truth, do not begrudge the loss; care only about the life of the soul, which will be lost through denial of the way and the truth.
766. The Three Gods of heaven, descending into the Ryûgû house, will protect this world: the judgement of God will then become more severe. Purify your hearts, therefore, go before God and respectfully look on His light.
767. There is no world which surpasses the world of Miroku, either in the past or in the future. The poor people in the present world, crossing to the world of Miroku, will receive incomparable happiness. Walk then with joy and with courage the just path of God; come to Oomoto to bow in worship before God. The saving God is to be found in Oomoto.
768. DEGUCHI Nao appeared as the light to illuminate this dark world. Therefore Heaven named her the Spirit of Izu in this world.
769. For the God of Kimon, who lived in the northeast of the world, nothing is impossible. The development of civilisation in the world is also due to the favour of this God.
770. The role of the Spirit of Mizu is to praise, worship and spread the glory of the Spirit of Izu.
771. God, who protects everything in the universe, appears in the name of the God of Miroku (extreme gentleness and love); He sends out His light everywhere in the universe to brighten the places of darkness.
772. The Spirit of Izu has suffered for an immeasurably long time because many gods reviled him as an evil and misfortune-bringing god; but thanks to his fulfilment of all goodness, he has been allowed by Heaven to become the guardian and ruler of this world.
773. The Spirit of Izu has descended into the Ryûgû house from heaven to save the people of the world, and has opened the door to salvation.
774. The Spirit of Izu has manifested himself as DEGUCHI Nao to save his children in the world. He conveys their pleas to the Master of heaven and earth and leads them to the light: a blessing indeed.
775. Be sure never to forget the favour of DEGUCHI Nao, who more than once has descended into this world and endured all kinds of suffering, to lead and save humans to the beautiful Divine realm, aspired to by all.
776. Until now many religious founders have been sent by Heaven to make known to the people that a Divine realm is to be created on earth. As the last of these, God has sent down the God Ushitora or DEGUCHI Nao into this world to complete this holy task.
777. The countless gods who persecuted the God Ushitora as an evil god will grieve and will weep out of fear of him. But this God reproaches them not at all. He desires only to go out into the world together with them and joyfully to advance the holy work.
778. From heaven God sent down naohi into human hearts to give them the function of humility and reflection, thus protecting humans against devils: a precious gift indeed.
779. Never forget the favour of God, who sends down naohi into the heart of the people so that they may understand the teachings of the Spirit of Izu.
780. May all of you value naohi most highly; do not wander in darkness, but turn yourselves to light and follow the path. So that the people in the world may repent of the many heavenly and earthly sins which they have committed, DEGUCHI Nao has appeared and pushed open the gate to the Divine realm.
781. Even in the unclean body of man there dwells the spirit of God who gives it life. Be grateful, therefore, and keep your body pure.
782. When in your body there dwells naohi, though you may be weak, you need not shrink with fear even before the strongest enemy.
783. If you are favoured with naohi, even if you have lost the way in the dark you can find the light and true path.
784. If you are favoured with naohi, your prayer to God becomes certain and true; happiness can be yours, because your heart conforms to God’s heart.
785. God hates the proud, and therefore He does not grant them happiness. The proud therefore fall by themselves.
786. God makes his temple in the body and soul of the modest and humble, and gives them limitless power and joy.
787. Remember that human beings can walk the pure path and defeat malicious spirits not by their own powers but by the power of the spirit with which God endows them.
788. Cleanse and polish your heart so that God will make it his pure temple.
789. Noble and wonderful indeed is the power of God to blow away by naohi the demonic clouds hanging in the human heart.
790. Blow away the clouds of doubt without delay, and hasten to the Divine realm on the Divine ship of salvation, accompanied by naohi.
791. Illuminate your darkened heart with the saving light of God, and be born again in the Divine realm.
792. With His holy spirit God favours his children who turn to Him, and guards them forever; may we pay Him respect.
Written on the 30th day, 10th month (lunar), 37th year of Meiji (1904)