“Oomoto Shin’yu (Divine Revelation)” and “Reikai Monogatari (Tales from the Spirit World)” were revealed through the Founders Nao and Onisaburo Deguchi. These books are the Sacred Writings of Oomoto.
The Founders and Spiritual Leaders wrote many other books on the teachings as well.
Onisaburo Deguchi wrote the essence of the teachings in the following revelation:
“God is the Spirit which pervades the entire universe, and man is the focus of the workings of heaven and earth. When God and man become one, infinite power will become manifest.”
The Four Teachings
The fundamental principles of the Divine Plan (Construction of the Heavenly Kingdom on earth), applicable in the lives of humankind.
Basic rules for human beings to lead a significant life.
1. Harmonious Alignment with Life and the Universe
2. Revelation of Celestial Truth and its Lessons
3. Innate Patterns of Behavior for Man, Society and the Cosmos
4. Instinctual Creative Drives
The Four Principles
1. Purity, purification of mind and body
2. Optimism, believing in the goodness of the Divine Will
3. Progressivism, way of social improvement
4. Unification, the reconciliation of all dichotomies
These principles are seen throughout the universe. These are the rules of the universe, and everything in nature grows and lives with these rules. Man is apt to live in violation of these principles, and therefore comes to grief.
By practising these principles, man can live in harmony with the universe and lead a heavenly life in spirit and in flesh.
- “Divine Signposts” by Onisaburo Deguchi
- “The Creation of Meaning” by Hidemaru Deguchi
- “Bankyo Dokon”
- “Nao Deguchi — A Biography of the Foundress of Oomoto”
- “Nao Deguchi, a biography of the Foundress of Oomoto”
- “In Search of Meaning” by Hidemaru Deguchi
- “An Encounter with Oomoto” by Dr. Frederick Franck
- “Women and Millenarian Protest in Meiji Japan” by Emily G. Ooms
available at Cornell East Asia Series, East Asia Program, Cornell University, 140 Uris Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853-7601 fax (607)255-1388
- “The Great Onisaburo Deguchi” a biography, by Kyotaro Deguchi
available at Aiki News, Matsugaecho, 14-17-103, Sagamihara-shi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan 228 Tel:+81-427-48-2423, Fax: +81-427-48-2421, USA Tel: 1-800-473-6040, USA Fax: 1-310-265-0351
<French> “Omoto” by Jean-Pierre Berthon, Atelier Alpha Bleue, 5, rue Sainte-Anastase, 75003 Paris Tel.: 220.127.116.11